Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Off Effexor, Prosac, Singulair and Advair!

I am completely off of all the evil drugs that pharm. companies give you for unbelievable reasons. There is definitely a price to getting off though...

I think the last day I took Effexor was Dec 30, and then a week later I got off of the Prozac. For about a week, it was pure bliss! I was so happy, felt great and everything went smoothly. After that week things got worse, I think it was because Prozac has a 5-7 day taper built in and after that week it was out of my system. I became incredibly depressed, crying and feeling horrible. My asthma was debilitating because I got off the advair and singulair also and supposedly they have withdrawal symptoms of their own. I know I said I didn't want to rush anything but I just yearned to be off of these pills asap, I am done with the negative side effects.

Anyway, my depression went away about 3 days ago and I have been feeling great mentally. Physically it is a different story. The last two days I have been experiencing heart palpations that I have never felt before. I feel like my heart is jumping around in my chest and I am going to throw it up. I hate this feeling, when I go to sleep it gets even worse. I am hoping and wishing that this goes away soon!

I also have dizziness, acne, diarrhea, fatigue and asthma. Beside that I am peachy, lol.

I am also about to get my period in 3 days. This is one of the first periods and pms in my life that I am getting without an antidepressant, as I was put on it when I was 15. I think my body is relearning how to cope with PMS. I have been looking up heart palpitations and it says it can be related to hormonal reasons. I hope this and the withdrawal I am still going through is the case. I have about 2 more months and I think the withdrawal symptoms will be better! I have read tons of places that they last about 3 months! Oh please don't let this be permanent, because I am HATING this feeling! If it doesn't get better soon, I might just have to call the doctor. I can't stand doctors. If it wasn't for doctors I wouldn't be having to spend a year of my life (my first year of marriage) getting off of these evil drugs and fighting to feel "normal" and better. I now know that I cannot trust doctors more than I can throw them. They are only vessels to obtain things you need, they shouldn't be listened to or praised.

So that is it. I have been having great days and very bad days. I guess that is better than having all bad days! I am constantly in disbelief that I am off all the drugs because it is a dream come true. The struggle is worth it because I truly believe that life will be 100% once I am clean.

Oh and about the advair, I have read horrible things about inhaled steroids. They basically slow down your immune system so that you do not have asthma as much but in the long run it is extremely bad for your health. Getting off of it was hard, for a week or so I had horrible tightness in my chest and bad asthma. I would rather get through the withdrawals than have it slow down my immune system though. I now know why I constantly had phlegm and a stuffy nose. Just like every drug that is being pushed, they cost tons of money every month and they are all just band aid effects which cause a lot of problems as we grow. I no longer want the band aid. I want the healthy life....

That is all for now, hopefully my next blog will be about how great I feel and that the withdrawals are gone! My pinkies are crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment