Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween and Evil Kiwis

It is Wednesday and I am on 50mg. That's right, 50. I skipped the 55mg because if I add on 5mg to all the rest of my pills then I am going to run out of beads. I am sure if I asked the pharmacist for a couple pills it might be do-able but I haven't been feeling too bad so I will see how it goes. I think I am seeing a pattern in the withdrawals and the doses. If I go down 5mg every week, the first week is fine and then the second week is hideous. It seems as if there is an acculation effect in that second week. So, I might just do 50mg this week, 45mg for two weeks, 40mg for a week, 35mg for two weeks and see how that goes. Maybe that will combat the pesky withdrawals.

I am feel better this week so far. I haven't been getting really irritable and when I do get irritable I find myself realizing that I am withdrawaling and stopping myself in the middle of it to feel better. My husband says my brain is regenerating itself and it is good that I am realizing those things, it shows improvement. Woot!

Anyway, Halloween was good, we had family over but it almost didn't happen. The night before my husband cut up Kiwis to marinade with the steaks. I had an extremely small sliver of it and I was up till 3am puking my guts out! What a horrible feeling! Immediately after I ate this evil fruit my mouth got red and itchy and then the "non stop" nausea and vomitting took place. We found out that last time I got like that I had a kiwi for dessert too, so I am definately allergic to kiwis!! At least we found out on a night that family wasn't over...that would not have been fun at all.

I am going to try to go to bed earlier and wake up earlier. We have been having a terrible habit of sleeping too much in the morning and going to bed too late! It isn't good to take the effexor later in the day either, I feel the withdrawals more later. The withdrawals have been ranging from being hot with chills, flushing my skin, feeling like I have a fever when I don't, feeling spacey and of course the dreaded irratiblity!! The good news is I am officially 100mg below what I was a while ago... YIPEE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment