Thursday, December 30, 2010

Cold and Coping

So it is almost New Years! It is actually New Years Eve and my resolution is to be off all pills. Who would have thought? haha

Sunday will be my last day of 5mg and then NO MORE EFFEXOR!!! Can you see the confetti falling? I am very happy!

I haven't had a terrible week. The withdrawals have been stable and the same everyday so it is easier to cope with. I have realized that in higher miligrams of the pill, the withdrawals were a lot more sporatic and scary. Now they tend to come at around midnight and last only for 30 minutes. I do take benydril and xanax to calm the withdrawals down and it helps tremendously. I have to say the scariest of all the withdrawals for me is the shakes and tremors. I am okay with being dizzy and nauseaus (to a point) but when I get the shakes, I get SO scared! It is almost like I am having a seizure but being conscious through it, my muscles just go crazy. Hopefully those are over for good! I also find a nice hot shower does the trick in calming my body down.

I am also getting off of Singulair. Today was my first day of stopping to take it. I decided to look it up today and a lot of the side effects are not worth taking it. I hope my asthma doesn't get too bad though. This year has been the best so far with the asthma, I haven't even had to take steriods! I think it is because of the supplements I have added to my diet. I also added Quercetin which is a flavonoid that has anti-inflammatory properties. I really think it is helping me a lot with the asthma and IBS as they are both inflammation diseases. As for the singulair, I hope it doesn't cause much trouble going off of it. I have been taking it for a long while. Guess what the side effects are? Weight gain and depression. Those are two things that I am trying to stay away from! I have also read that there are increased suicide rates when using Singulair because of the neurotransmitters that it affects. No thank you!!

Something positive happened today, in a weird way. My car's battery died and my husband and I cannot get into the door because the key is electrical. Ridiculous, I know. That doesn't sound like something postive, does it? But the reason I say it is positive is because I didn't freak out! For the first time in forever, I didn't have rage and irritation. I was okay, and hopefully this will be my new way. I will be okay.

Beside that, I have been freezing all day! Usually I have hot flashes, even in the coldest weather, but today everything from my fingers to toes have been cold! Maybe it is hormones that have been affected by the lowering Effexor? Maybe it is unrelated? Whatever it is... I like it =)

Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment