Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Pasted from my Topix post

This is what I wrote on the "is my body ruined from effexor" topix. I just watched the entire hour and a half on the Anatomy of an Epidemic and it made me feel better. I thought I might as well put the post on here also:

"Thank you everyone for your posts. I have been off Effexor for 2 months now. I am still getting withdrawals in the form of anxiety, crying fits, tremors, heart palpations, worse pms and more. I looked up today how long these withdrawals would last and I found the webcast on the "anatomy of an epidemic" which helped me feel better. Information makes me feel better, not knowing is the worst. I have come to realize that this all started when I was 15 and asked the doctor what to do about my bad pms. In hindsight, my pms was nothing. It was mild crying and going through what every girl does around that time. When I turned 20 I experimented with marijuana and diet pills. It was hardly any too, it wasn't like I did it all the time. Soon after this I had a pyschotic break. They put me on antipychotics, antidepressants and mood stabalizers. They said I was bipolar and gave my mom the same BS about the chemicals in the brain being imbalanced. When I turned 21 I started Effexor after going to a rehab for depression. I started drinking non stop to mask the side effects of effexor. Once I met my husband, we stopped drinking and I realized how delusional my thinking was on Effexor. I wasn't myself, I was a drone. I also have been feeling a decline cognitively which has scared me. That is why I came off Effexor. I now feel better, I have a wonderful husband who helps me through it, but it is still there. The fear that Effexor and the other cocktail of drugs has ruined my body/brain since I was 15 is still there. I used to be extremely outgoing and ready to take on the world, now I am fearful that a withdrawal will strike at any time. I sometimes feel bad for my husband and people around me. I also feel very old, and I am only 28.

I am going to focus on my nutrition, exercise and love. I truly believe it is the only way to heal my body/brain from the trauma it was artifically given from a very young age. I have to let go of the hate I have for the medical field and doctors. If I do not it will eat me alive. This life is a test and I have to succeed in finding happiness. Maybe if we all try hard enough we can overcome the falseness of the media and medical field. Who knows? For now I will maintain trying and hoping that the withdrawals subside in time."

No comments:

Post a Comment