Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Head pain and Hungry

So I started the 140mg dose on Monday along with my new supplements. I really didn't think I would feel a thing different since it is only 10 effexor beads! So far it is going okay, but I definitely am feeling things. On the first day, I felt a strange feeling of sharp, fast vertigo. It went away very quickly but for a second it made my entire world spin. On Tuesday, I felt very dizzy again and SUPER hungry. Apparently this is a side effect because I am not the type to snack a lot or enjoy eating in between meals. My husband picked me up a bunch of snacks and I ate them like I was high. It felt just like the munchies! I am actually hungry right now too.. I hope this doesn't keep up. I have been working out everyday though and trying to eat right. I have also been very fatigued, it could be from getting up earlier than usual, but I just feel weak all the time. Today feels the worse so far, I just feel uneasy and a bit anxious. I am hoping today is the worst and it peaks now so that I can continue on reducing every Monday.

I am still reading this incredible book, "The Antidepressant Solution" and it makes me feel better. Anyone taking an antidepressant from paxil, prozac, effexor, zoloft and so on should read this book. Even if you are not ready to get off of the antidepressant, it will give you some good information on what is to come. I wish that there was a way for doctors to be made to read this book or do research on antidepressant withdrawal, it could save people! I get so discouraged when I hear that doctors are handing out antidepressants like candy to anyone that has a headache or a single anxious feeling. These pills are not safe and they do have serious side effects. If I see one more commercial saying "non habit forming" I will scream. If you cannot wean off of them in a timely matter without going through hell, then yes FDA they are habit forming. Once again I get cynical, but it feels good to let it out. The more people tell their story and tell the world how they feel, the more they will get smarter on not trusting every magic pill or word the doctor says.

Off to try and relax my headache away...

No comments:

Post a Comment