Sunday, September 19, 2010

Feeling Good

So I picked up my LAST prescription of Effexor. I took a good 2 hours and finished making all my capsules ready for the coming weeks. I have decided to drop by increments of 5mg from after 80mg. So for this week, I will start taking 80mg on Monday and then 75mg the next week, 70mg, and so on. I decided to do that basically because my withdrawals have been very bad lately. I am not sure if this has to do with an accumulation effect of all the lowered doses, the going under 100mg or what. But I will say it again that I am not in a race and my mind + body are healing so going slow will not hurt. My sick stomach has gotten a lot better and I am eating normally. I still have the electric shock feelings but they seem to be subsiding also. I can't wait to be free of Effexor. It will be a nice feeling to never see those capsules and beads ever again. I found a really good way of counting the beads though. I basically dump everything out onto a bright red towel so I can see the white beads better. I take an empty capsule to pick up the beads and transfer them into little 20mg piles. Then I count out the piles and organize them into the correct milligram of capsule. I used to use a method of folding a sheet of paper and dumping the beads onto the crack so that they roll into the capsule after I count them. I found it was a lot harder to count and keep track. I also like the fact that I know how many piles there are. I am a little OCD about the beads because I have read even 1mg change in the daily doses can produce effects to certain people. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that hardly have withdrawal symptoms from dropping at even larger doses than 10mg a week. Those people are the lucky ones! For me though, I am happy I took the time out to count those little bugger beads. I ended up having a bunch of little craft bags that I wrote "70mg, 75mg, etc" on with 7 capsules each in them for each week. Oh and here is a link to the capsules I purchased to fill with the beads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AHCPEC/ref=oss_product

They have worked out just perfectly. They are a great size and not of cheap quality. The price was pretty great too for a quantity of 500!

Good luck to all those fellow bead counters out there and goodnight =) Onto 80mg tomorrow morning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment